Gentle dental cleaning for kids in Dothan, AL
The hygiene team at No Needles Children’s Dentistry in Dothan, AL is known for enjoyable dental cleanings that give kids a positive attitude toward dental care. These enjoyable teeth cleaning and examination visits form the foundation for your child’s healthy mouth, for a lifetime.
Importance of kid’s dental care
- Though your child might be a conscientious brusher and flosser, there are spots that need extra attention. Our hygienists use special kid-sized instruments to get tight contacts and hidden areas clean.
- Regular checkups are the dentist’s opportunity to detect potential problems early. That means your child is less likely to suffer toothache or embarrassment. It also saves you inconvenience and unexpected cost.
- Even small children are self-aware. No one wants to get teased for having bad breath, discolored teeth, or noticeable decay. Regular dental cleanings help your child smile with confidence.
- Baby teeth matter. They are important to the positioning and health of adult teeth.
- Oral health fosters whole body wellness. Gum disease contributes to increased risk of a number of grave systemic illnesses. Professional oral hygiene is an important weapon in the lifetime fight against diabetes, cardiovascular disease, respiratory problems, certain types of cancer, and more. Gum disease also breaks down immune defenses, so a kid with vital gums is less likely to get sick, and heals quicker.
What to expect with kid’s dental cleanings in Dothan, AL
We utilize modern, non-toxic products and techniques to get the mouth clean without stripping away beneficial oral elements. The SoporoLIFE camera illustrates where home care is adequate, and shows spots that are getting missed, leaving bacteria undisturbed. This fun visualization encourages kids to improve their brushing and flossing routines.
Teeth are cleaned ultrasonically, removing bacteria, plaque, and hardened calculus from visible tooth surfaces and below the gum line. Usually, little or no scraping and picking is necessary. We use natural ozone therapy to eliminate disease-causing bacteria, viruses, and fungi. There are no harsh chemicals, and ozone increases oxygenation of soft tissues. The dentist may suggest oral DNA testing to fine-tune a preventive strategy or your child’s ongoing oral health.